Wonderful One Tray Garlic Chicken and Potatoes
My one tray garlic butter chicken with equally garlicky buttery potatoes are a super easy meal that is sure to impress! Made with home made garlic butter stuffed under the chicken skin. I add a splash of white wine to make a delicious gravy. Give it a try! You wont regret it!
What You Need
4 chicken quarters (leg portions)
3 large potatoes (skin on & cut into large cubes)
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper & 150 ml dry white wine
For the garlic butter
200g softened salted butter
A handful of fresh flat leaf parsley (chopped)
Salt and pepper to taste
6 garlic cloves
Juice of 1 lemon
How To Make It
1. Heat oven to 180 degrees centigrade
2. Add potatoes to a pan of boiling water and par boil. Drain
3. Add garlic and parsley to a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Add butter, salt, pepper and lemon juice and pulse until combined
4. Using your fingers gently prise the chicken skin from the thigh and leg creating little pockets. Stuff the garlic butter in between the skin and flesh taking care not to pierce the skin. Repeat for all the chicken portions. Set aside.
5. Add the potatoes to a large roasting pan. Sprinkle with olive oil and season well with salt and pepper
6. Place the chicken portions on top of the potatoes and season the chickenm with salt and pepper
7. Dot any remaing garlic butter around the top of the chicken and potatoes. Pour the wine over the top of everything
8. Bake for 45 minutes or until the potatoes are golden brown. Remove from oven and serve with a crisp green salad or steamed green beans. Don’t throw away the precious juices at the bottom of the pan. Serve this delicious gravy over the top of the chicken – its incredible!