Hakka Chilli Paneer
This is a very popular, quick and easy Indo Chinese dish to make. It’s 100% veggie but you could substitute the paneer with chicken pieces if you can’t do without meat! Feel free to up the chillies if you like the heat! 😁
What You Need
350g paneer (cubed)
4 spring onions (chopped)
1 red onion (sliced)
2 large red chillies (sliced)
3 large cloves garlic (crushed)
2 tbsp tomato ketchup
1 tbsp light soy sauce
Juice of 1 lime
How To Make It
1. Toss the paneer cubes in the cornflour
2. Deep fry the panned cubes in vegetable oil until slightly golden. Remove and drain on kitchen paper. Set aside.
3. Heat 2 tbsp of veg oil in a large wok. Add onions, garlic and chilli. Fry until soft.
4. Add the paneer cubes and stir fry for about 1 minute.
5. Add the spring onions, ketchup, lime and soya sauce. Stir fry for 2 minutes.
6. Add half a cup of water and stir fry for 2 minutes.
7. Serve as a starter or with rice as a main meal